How To Use An Elastic Bandage
· Hold the elastic bandage so that the start of the roll is facing up.
· Start the loose end of the elastic bandage on the top of your foot beneath your toes. Leave your toes out of the bandage.
· Hold the loose end of the elastic bandage in place with one hand. With the other hand, wrap the bandage in a circle twice around your foot. Always wrap the bandage from outside to inside.
· After the top of your foot has been wrapped twice, move your hand to your heel.
· Continue to wrap the elastic bandage in a spiral pattern, like a figure 8. Leave your heel uncovered. Overlap the elastic bandage by ½ of its width each time you go around.
o Cross the elastic bandage over your foot, moving upward, and pass it behind your ankle.
o Move the elastic bandage down and cross it over the top of your foot.
o Wrap the elastic bandage under your foot. Repeat this one more time.
· Pass the elastic bandage around your calf and wrap it in upward circles toward your knee. Stop wrapping below your knee. You do not need to wrap the bandage down your calf again.
· Fasten the end to the rest of the elastic bandage . Do not use metal clips where your skin folds or creases, such as behind your knee.
· Do not wrap the elastic bandage too tight.
· Take off the elastic bandage at least 2 times a day and Leave it off for a few minutes then wrap it again.
· Remove the elastic bandage if you have numbness or tingling or your limb turns cold or pale.
the bandage each day or when it gets
limp. Keep an extra elastic bandage in case the one you are wearing gets wet or